European food labelling legislation
Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 on the provision of food information to consumers, amending Regulations (EC) No 1924/2006 and (EC) No 1925/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
Directive 2011/91 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 December 2011 on indications or marks identifying the lot to which a foodstuff belongs
Belgian food labelling legislation
At the national level, food labelling is regulated by three specific Royal Decrees:
- Royal Decree of 17 July 2014 establishing provisions for the declaration of certain substances or products causing allergies or intolerances as regards non-prepacked food.
- Royal Decree of 9 February 1990 on the marks identifying the lot to which a foodstuff belongs
- Royal Decree of 17 April 1980 on the advertising of foodstuffs
These decrees contain respectively:
- The manner in which information regarding allergens should be communicated as regards non-prepacked foodstuffs.
- Provisions regarding advertising for foodstuffs